A handful of believers and their united prayer effort eventually became what we know as today’s Goodlettsville Pentecostal Church (GPC), now located at 733 Old Dickerson Rd.
It was a simple beginning, back in 1944, as several local families began holding prayer meetings in each other’s homes.
J.W. Wallace, who was the pastor of the West Nashville Pentecostal Church, helped this group purchase Goodlettsville’s first facility at the corner of Church and Depot Streets. Later, his son, J.O. Wallace, became the pastor.
In 1946, W.T. Scott, of Hohenwald, Tennessee, was named the minister in Goodlettsville and remained until 1969.
That same year, Noble Ray Carson, a Dyersburg, Tennessee pastor, moved back to his native area to become the Goodlettsville church’s new minister.
Under Carson’s leadership, the church saw much growth, as it was eventually relocated to its long-timelocation on South Dickerson Road. While pastor, Carson oversaw two building expansion projects to help accommodate the growth God had sent to Goodlettsville. Carson retired in 2005.
Today, Pastor Tim Zuniga, a San Diego, California native, ministers to the congregation. He has led GPC since October 2003.
Under his leadership, GPC is a thriving, loving church that emphasizes community outreach and servanthood while continuing to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.